Monday, July 9, 2012

More Classroom Pics....

I went to school today to get some things done (mostly to get those things out of my living room floor and off my dresser!). While I was there I decided to take a few photos of the current mess I am in! I am working on de-cluttering and organizing and anyone who has had this idea knows you end up with a bigger mess before you complete this task! Certain areas are looking better while others....not so much yet! So....those are my excuses....and I am sticking to them! LOL

This is the state of my library area...the box to the right is full of books to add....but where??? I did get the new rug down! 

I still need to make new labels for my turn-in subject boxes....but its looking better!

I thought I better show some of my hippie spirit! (It's actually allllll over the room!)
The boxes below are full of Reader's Theater scripts and props.
 
 
This new sign actually looks better in person than this pic....I worked hard on it! LOL I looked everywhere for an arrow and finally found an arrow bookmark at Books-a-Million....Mod Podged "we are here" on it and covered it with sparkly silver/glittery fingernail polish....the arrow is a clip that can be moved :)


This is a gift from a student :) They know me oh-so-well! I stuck him down in a cinnamon apple candle :) He is sitting on my DVD player :)

O.K....enough for now! Comments/suggestions welcome!



11 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about making a bigger mess when you're trying to organize an already messy/cluttered area! I'm working on the same thing in my classroom!! Your room is looking good, though!! And I really like your "Where Are We?" chart!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary! It's the same at home! My son has one class left to graduate with a degree in history and he and his wife are moving in with us for a bit to save money....You should see my house! We had to clean out the "library/music/extra bedroom" for their stuff! So....the rest of the house is suffering! LOL It's nice to have them here, though! I hope to make progress soon...at least in my classroom! No rest for the wicked! LOL

      Delete
  2. I'm headed to school tomorrow. I hope to tackle my classroom library. I think your room looks pretty good. I'm scared to see mine.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was there today! Man...it was soooo hot in the school! They were there working on the lockers and banging around! It was hot and loud! LOL I may go up for a while tomorrow...depending on what I get done tonight! Maybe you, Amanda, and I could walk to the village and get coffee as a break??? My room is getting there! Watch...i'll b good to go and they will move my room! LOL I hope to see you tomorrow! Text me when you get there! Teri

      Delete
  3. I love your classroom library!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Layla
    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Layla...thank you so much for your kind words! I would like to put my books in a database of some kind (I have tried and failed with several). I allow students to check out my books and I need a better system! I downloaded an app for my iPhone called "Book Retriever"...I am going to try it. It scans them and if the info is available inputs it for you. It seems to work about 1/2 the time :( Also, the book has to have an ISBN number...there is no manual input. I am gonna try it and see what happens...We are going Common Core this year and I like the fact this program gives the Lexiles automatically. If you know of a good program...let me know! Teri

      Delete
  4. Teri,
    I have an award for you! Stop by my blog to retrieve it!!


    Aimee
    aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
    Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aimee....I am honored that you thought of me! Thank you! The link to your site is not working for me, tho...I am going to try another route :) Teri

      Delete
  5. Hey there! I'm giving you the versatile blogger award! Head on over to my website to check it out!

    Ms G. In Grade 3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much! You are very kind! My library is my fav part of my class! I am an avid reader and a lit teacher by trade :) (I used to teach 8th grade lit several times a day...LOL) My library is definitely a work in progress...but I love to share my books with my kids :) Teri

      Delete