Monday, June 25, 2012

To the classroom....

Hey gang! I'm headed off to my classroom for a couple of hours to get a little organizing done! I wanted to post a couple of before pics and ask for ideas or organizational ideas for my stuff :)  Luckily in this room there are lots of cabinets and drawers...I do have one area that I need particular help with. (I'm not sure I have a specific photo of it but I will take one today) There is a set of about 30 (i'm guessing) pull out plastic drawers that need to be used. I have used them in the past for individual student supplies (and extras)...but that seemed to draw unnecessary foot traffic and people getting into each others drawers (the plastic ones....not the ones under their pants...LOL....couldn't resist!) Currently they are holding dry erase board erasers and other general junk....very unorganized! I will attach a couple of room photos and get a specific "drawer" photo on here when I get home! Thanks for your help in this endeavor! I look forward to hearing your suggestions!


My Reading Corner
(just bought a new rug...not in area yet)

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious of all the room you have for storage!!! In my previous classrooms I had lots of storage, but I won't have much in my new room! I'm also looking for storage ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am lucky in that way! I am on the other end of the school from the other 5th grades and that is a downfall. I love all the windows and natural light...I use table and floor lamps instead of overhead florescent lighting (it really bothers me). My vice principal calls my room "her happy place" because it is darker and comfortable (not to mention decorated). I take that as a compliment! Other teachers call me a cave-dweller or similar things because I dont use those awful overheads. LOL I would like to move down by the other 5th grades but I love my room too....I would be giving up TONS of storage! Thanks for the comments and keep 'em coming! Let's keep in touch on storage ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete