Thursday, June 6, 2013

Yay! Summertime!!!

Hello Long Lost Blogger Friends! You guys probably thought I had dropped off the planet! (Some days I felt as though I had -- or would have liked to)! It was a tough year. No one I have talked to can quite put their finger on why either... My guess is that it is a combination of things. Most of us have had to deal with new responsibilities/standards/curriculum changes and so forth. I had a GREAT class this year and the year seemed to fly...but it was also one of the most difficult for me. I would love to hear others' perspectives and thoughts on this. So far my summer is consisting of working on (gutting) a new (to us) camper! My family was lucky enough to run upon a really good deal on a 20 ft pull-behind camper. It needs some work but we are all really excited about the possibilities. My daughter and I have busied ourselves repainting. My husband is ripping out carpet and laying laminate (very nicely...I might add...even though he has never attempted this before.) This is turning out to be a much larger endeavor than we planned. I will keep you updated :)  I would love to hear from you all again!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Teri! Glad you are back and enjoying a fun summer project. :-)
    I had a tricky year also but mainly it was self-inflicted. (I switched from 6th in the middle school down to 5th in an elementary.) I also think you are right about the Common Core, etc.... a LOT more pressure!

    Corrina
    From Mrs. Allen's Teaching Files

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for you to be in 5th! It is an AWESOME grade! This will be my 4th year in 5th (moved from 8th)...and I LOVE it! Lets use each other as a resource! Don't hesitate to ask me anything!

      Delete