Friday, December 28, 2012

Back in the Proverbial Saddle! :)

Hello all,
I am back and ready to get serious about my blog again! (About time...huh?) Number 1: I have realized that the most important thing in life is not to have a million followers...it is to share and learn from fellow bloggers and visitors and make the most out of it! Number 2: Good blogs...or really good blogs take time. That is something that is scarce and precious to me! I am going to do the best I can but with so many obligations....I may never compare to some of you that are simply AMAZING! I will learn from you and stop putting so much pressure on myself! (Who needs that???) Number 3: Blogging is an INCREDIBLE experience that I treasure and have made a pledge to myself to post at least once a week. It may not be much...but I need to touch base with the people who do follow me and that I follow. This is an amazing community!

Ok...enough rambling...I am getting crafty again! I bought a new (to me) podium on Craigslist today. I absolutely love it! It is exactly what I have been looking for! It is a great height...the shelves are awesome....and it is solid wood! Hard to find solid wood anymore! It has a few scratches but that's ok because I have a plan!!! My friend, the art teacher, gave me a box of old book jackets that someone gave her. (thoughtful, huh??!!) My plan is to cover the back and sides with these covers. I am known as the "Mod-Podge Queen" in certain circles and far be it for me to let my kingdom down!! LOL  Seriously, I have put a few of them on already and I am going to post what I have so far. It is still a work in progress and I will post as I work on it. I don't think I have taken a picture of the shelving (which I am not messing with) but its nice and I will show you that as well.

As Purchased:



Another View:


My Work so far....

It's kinda hard to tell...the lighting is off...but I am please so far! I love the idea of displaying book covers! If I get tired of any of these I can just Mod Podge another over the top of it! I would love to know your thoughts or suggestions!




2 comments:

  1. I am excited to follow along. I posted on my blog as well last year and not so much this one. I miss the reflection and the ideas I found reading others. I LOVE your podium!!!

    Cheers,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! (and by the way...great name! LOL) I am getting ready to post some more pics...so come check them out!

      Delete